Artist - Borislav Mitkov

When browsing some of the potential talent among the art community on one of the popular sites Deviant art, I discovered this fellow. Borislav Mitkov, a Bulgarian digital artist with a strong personal style within his work is currently working for UbiSoft.

http://www.borilius.com/home.html

It is particularly his ‘Speed paints’ that interest me most, the quick, thick application of line is so technically placed. It is amazing how manages to contain so much with so little. These are the images that caught my attention initially and are my possible favourites.







You may have already noticed some continuity with my previous posts but I can’t stress the important this is to me, and finding the correct style in which to work to my best ability, and to the strengths of my work. I’m always looking for new techniques and methods of working, and Borislav has enlightened me on one of these.

He primarily uses Painter and ArtRage to produce his work. Both of these, unlike Photoshop are more suited to a more natural approach to producing works, featuring brush strokes and canvas options. Photoshop is more of a manipulation program that doubles as a painting program, where as these have been developed to imitate, and for the sole purpose of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment