Artist - Pior Oberson

Pior is a French born artist, currently working for Blizzard entertainment. I stumbled across is page when browsing through other concept artists and was intrigued by his style to paint in particular. The way he lays down colour in a very think fashion especially when combine with dark and light extremes if find very appealing. Here are a few examples of what I mean.





It is almost as if he has used Oil paint, though in digital format. A style I certainly would like to reflect in my upcoming work also, even if it is only for a small series of images.




I may have a look into some oil/acrylics painters and see what I can learn from their work on characters, how they apply colour to shape the skin and contours of the clothing.



Here i have a found an image reminiscent of my previous work on silhouettes, you can see how the blocky designs are almost still silhouettes with very basic detailing and no colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment