Book – The Visual Dictionary of Special Military Forces

This book was a great help to me. As I mentioned in my learning agreement I would be taking a brief look into the Special Forces within the period my game is set. This book offered me those visuals that i needed, since my main character will be designed to be an infiltrator.



In particular I was looking at special weaponry and items of clothing that could be used within the game. As I have said from the beginning, the aim of this research document is to get as much visual research and knowledge as possible before I begin to develop and hone down my own designs. Giving me that knowledge will allow me to create believable designs in FMPA2.

Here are a few of the images from the book that I found of particular interest and significance to my project. As you can see there is a decent amount of detail contained within the pages, and all of the items are ladled to help understand how they work and there function.













It was the image on this page in particular, that play a key rolled in one of my ideas.



The little identification card at the top of the page displays all sorts of forged information about the person, designed to help aid the disguising of their actual role with the allies. It made me think how i could possibly plan to present some of my work, in the form of a sort of Secret mission brief. Life for instance, pictures of targets for the player to investigate and blueprint designs of the rooms so they may navigate. All contained on some rustic looking, rough paper bound into a Mission file.

No comments:

Post a Comment